WHERE TO PLAY POKER: January 2013December 18, 2012, Chris
Here’s a look from tourneytracks.com at the tournament action around the country, which is starting to pick up again.
* DELAWARE PARK WINTER CLASSIC: This series (Jan. 2-15) has four or five tournaments a day, a points championship, decent chips stacks and guarantees or money added to most tournaments. There are a variety of events including six-max, H.O.R.S.E, Omaha/8 and no-limit hold’em with $150-$1,090 buys-ins.
WPT BORGATA WINTER OPEN: This series (Jan. 15-Feb. 1) has 24 events showcasing the televised $3,500 championship event. There are a variety of events with $200-$1,650 buy-ins. The Borgata always hosts great events and is a nice place to stay.
FALLSVIEW POKER CLASSIC: Fallsview Casino in Niagara Falls, Canada, will be hosting the Poker Classic (Jan. 16-21). The series has three events with buy-ins of $1,000 CAD, $2,500 CAD and $5,000 CAD.
* WSOPC AT BICYCLE CASINO: The Bicycle Casino in Bell Gardens, Calif., hosts the World Series of Poker Circuit on Jan. 2-14. There are lots of extra events in addition to the standard 12 ring events, including a LIPS event.
CAESARS PALACE WINTER CLASSIC: This series (Jan. 4-17) is running in Las Vegas. Highlights include the $560 championship event and the $240 NBC National Heads-Up Qualifier.
* RED ROCK/ANTE UP MAGAZINE POKER CHALLENGE: The Ante Up Poker Tour will hold its second event (Jan. 21-27) at the Red Rock Casino Resort in Las Vegas. The $1,100 main event features two Day1s. Single-table satellites begin Jan. 21 and $260 super satellites will run Jan. 22-24.
* WSOPC CHOCTAW: The Choctaw Casino Resort in Durant, Okla., will host the WSOPC Jan.10-21. There are lots of extra events in addition to the standard 12 ring events, including a LIPS event.
* MILLION DOLLAR HEATER: This series (Jan. 4-23) is at the Beau Rivage in Biloxi, Miss., features 29 events and $1 million in guarantees. There are a variety of events and buy-ins ranging from $125 to $2,600.
POKERSTARS CARIBBEAN ADVENTURE: The PCA (Jan. 5-14) is one of the most anticipated events each year with big fields, big prizes and a beautiful setting at the Atlantis Resort and Casino on Paradise Island in the Bahamas. There are 40 events with buy-ins ranging from $300 to $100K.
* ISLE CLASSIC: The Isle Casino in Pompano Park, Fla., will host Isle Classic (Jan. 10-29) and the DeepStacks Poker Tour will wrap up the series on Jan. 28-29. The event will have a $1,500 buy-in, a $100K guarantee and be hosted by Michael Mizrachi.
WSOPC TUNICA: Harrah’s in Tunica, Miss., will host the WSOPC Jan. 24-Feb. 4. This stop has the standard 12 ring events as well as 18 non-ring events.
* Denotes the main event of this series/tournament qualifies for Ante Up Player of the Year consideration as the final 10 players earn POY points.